Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 05-18-2017, 10:36 AM   #24751
Thunderbroom
Vulture of Culture

Mark...just saw this. Wow.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #24752
cdb

Send a message via AIM to cdb
Very sorry to hear this Mark, it is truly tragic. Hang in there as best you can.
cdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:57 PM   #24753
Jugghaid
Buildiing green economies

“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”
-Joss Whedon

"Our Dark Lord has some tasty spunk, yo."
-C7

www.corezero.rocks
Jugghaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:05 AM   #24754
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

There I was, thinking my friends were done dying of fucking drug overdoses.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:27 AM   #24755
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Well that explains a lot: While the rest of the world is playing an "e" note, you're playing a schwa. -DevilRaysFan to lug

“There are thoughtless dilettanti or purblind worldlings who sometimes ask us: 'What is it that Britain and France are fighting for?' To this I answer: 'If we left off fighting, you would soon find out.'" -Winston Churchill
Zamfir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:39 AM   #24756
L. Ron Hoover
Slidey McGee

Again, thanks for the kind thoughts guys. I appreciate it. We will survive.

My MIL was taken to palliative care last night. My wife and I had been angling for home care as my FIL's insurance will cover it but they didn't seem to want to do that. Why, I'm not sure. I think she would have been more comfortable at home. I don't think she will last long, which is a mercy at this point.

Quote:
Jugghaid said... View Post

Looks like we have some coming tomorrow night.

Quote:
Croissant Seven said... View Post
There I was, thinking my friends were done dying of fucking drug overdoses.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #24757
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
L. Ron Hoover said... View Post

I just got some more details. It's...this one is really jarring and intense. Certainly not the person who I would have figured would be involved in the dope scene, much less inject cocaine and methamphetamine simultaneously.

She leaves behind a 9 year old son who lost his father years ago. Her parents are good folks, hopefully they can take him in.

Last edited by Croissant Seven; 05-19-2017 at 07:56 AM.
Croissant Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #24758
Jugghaid

Fuck. Sorry bro. That's hideous.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #24759
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
I just got some more details. It's...this one is really jarring and intense. Certainly not the person who I would have figured would be involved in the dope scene, much less inject cocaine and methamphetamine simultaneously.

She leaves behind a 9 year old son who lost his father years ago. Her parents are good folks, hopefully they can take him in.
So sad. I can't imagine you get yourself to that position without doing a lot of things you really didn't want to do, but just didn't feel you had control over.
Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #24760
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
Kindness said... View Post
So sad. I can't imagine you get yourself to that position without doing a lot of things you really didn't want to do, but just didn't feel you had control over.
15 years ago, this news would have been less surprising, but not by much.

Sometimes, all it takes is a short series of bad turns, and being around the wrong person at the wrong time, and there you are. According to the person who passed the information along, it she took a really long road down, but she did it at light speed.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #24761
RyCLB
meh. blah.

Mark and Josh - so sorry for both of your losses.
RyCLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #24762
Droplede
helicommuter

Oh, man. The hits keep coming. I'm very sorry, C7.

Some things remind you how brutally thin the rope is, even if you mean to hang on.

But if the kids starve, then they can't grow up to be terrorists. -OneBadMonkey

Ass-hattery is not to be dabbled with ... you need to COMMIT. -BeeTL
Droplede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #24763
Freak
on a Leash

Send a message via Skype™ to Freak
So sorry, Josh.

Not in the same league, but our freezer packed up today. It was rammed with meat and we can't fit all of it into the freezer section of our fridge.
Do not listen to a word I say, just listen to what I can keep silent. The only way to gain approval is by exploiting the very thing that cheapens me. Someone somewhere soon will take care of you, I repent, I'm sorry, everything is falling apart. Houses as ruins and gardens as weeds. Why do anything when you can forget everything? I stare at the sky and it leaves me blind. I close my eyes and this is yesterday.

Winner of the Zamfir Post of the Day Award!!! 15th July 2016
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #24764
bill
ebassist Mayor

I'm sorry guys.

This thread helps me put things into perspective and keeps reminding me how good things are.

God damned dipshit Rodriguez gypsy dildo punks!

The price of total freedom is total anarchy. The price of total security is total enslavement.
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #24765
bassplayer7770
bp770770707707000077707

Sorry for your loss, Josh.
Gear: StingRay 5 HS, Yamaha BB3000MA, Hanewinckel Vintage Draken 5-String, Ibanez ATK305, Aguilar Tone Hammer, ART Pro Channel pre, Crown XLS 1500, LDS 15/6.5 cab, Turbo Tuner ST-200, Xotic Bass BB Pre, Aguilar Filter Twin, Demeter Compulator
bassplayer7770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:14 PM   #24766
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Thanks guys.

I left behind a lot of people when I left Denver, and what is really bothersome is, the handful who have gone since I left town were all people I would have been happy to go back to.

Drug overdoses and suicides have been a low rumbling constant theme in my life for 20 years now. I'm tired of it.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #24767
Freak
on a Leash

Noticed over the weekend that our little girl cat wasn't eating properly. She's had dental issues before so we took her into the vet this morning and she has what look like feline resorptive lesions on her two upper back teeth. They were concerned enough to admit her immediately and are operating this afternoon. They're also planning to do blood work, viral testing (to rule out FIV, FeLV and something else I can't remember the name of as underlying causes) and a gum biopsy. We'll have to pay at least £800 out of pocket today, but we should get it back from the insurance, along with the £250 we paid out of pocket for dental last time, as although dental isn't covered, it now looks like this is due to an underlying condition and so it all will be. "Be okay, Juniper!" vibes greatly appreciated.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:53 AM   #24768
zachoff

Crazy, Josh. Once that stuff get its hooks in it's tough to get loose. Sorry, man.
zachoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #24769
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Be okay, Juniper.
Zamfir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #24770
Samson
Likebanging your mom

Quote:
Thanks guys.

I left behind a lot of people when I left Denver, and what is really bothersome is, the handful who have gone since I left town were all people I would have been happy to go back to.

Drug overdoses and suicides have been a low rumbling constant theme in my life for 20 years now. I'm tired of it.
-BottomHeavyKate
Do everything Samson says.
-Also BottomHeavyKate
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:19 PM   #24771
Freak
on a Leash

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Be okay, Juniper.
Thank you.

She's home. Bit spaced out from the general and the pain killers. The extractions went well and her other teeth all look perfectly fine on x-rays. She's on antibiotics and painkillers for the next 2 weeks and we should have the results of all the tests in 10 days.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #24772
Freak
on a Leash

Deaths confirmed after Manchester Arena blast reported at end of Ariana Grande show
Old 05-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #24773
Jugghaid

Fuck
Old 05-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #24774
L. Ron Hoover
Slidey McGee

Quote:
RyCLB said... View Post
Mark and Josh - so sorry for both of your losses.
Thanks. All of this has been a lot to take and I'm just exhausted trying to keep everything together. My MIL is in palliative care and not expected to last much longer. My wife has been spending a lot of time there (as she should) so I've been carrying the household since we got back to town. One one hand, it's good as it acts as a distraction but I really haven't had a chance to decompress. I'm very worried about my sister and brother in law and I feel really helpless because there isn't a thing I can do to help them get through it.

Quote:
Freak said... View Post
Noticed over the weekend that our little girl cat wasn't eating properly. She's had dental issues before so we took her into the vet this morning and she has what look like feline resorptive lesions on her two upper back teeth. They were concerned enough to admit her immediately and are operating this afternoon. They're also planning to do blood work, viral testing (to rule out FIV, FeLV and something else I can't remember the name of as underlying causes) and a gum biopsy. We'll have to pay at least £800 out of pocket today, but we should get it back from the insurance, along with the £250 we paid out of pocket for dental last time, as although dental isn't covered, it now looks like this is due to an underlying condition and so it all will be. "Be okay, Juniper!" vibes greatly appreciated.
~~~~~
L. Ron Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #24775
Jugghaid

Talked to my sister.

Her significant other had a cyst on his neck that I have been telling him to get removed for about a year. Well, he finally got off his ass and did so.

And it's cancerous. And it has now spread. They removed 12 lymph nodes already. And he doesn't want to treat it with radiation as suggested. He doesn' want to get a PET scan either. Doesn' believe in them. Just like vaccines, etc.....

Jesus.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:50 AM   #24776
SDM
Flightless Manicotti

Quote:
Jugghaid said... View Post
Talked to my sister.

Her significant other had a cyst on his neck that I have been telling him to get removed for about a year. Well, he finally got off his ass and did so.

And it's cancerous. And it has now spread. They removed 12 lymph nodes already. And he doesn't want to treat it with radiation as suggested. He doesn' want to get a PET scan either. Doesn' believe in them. Just like vaccines, etc.....

Jesus.
Damn man. My father in law had cancer, went through chemo and radiation, had a large chunk of muscle removed from his neck, etc. Cancer free... well now he goes around telling people that he didn't need it, and that it could have been done naturally.

My wife's cousin (28) found out recently that she has cancer. It's one of the most treatable cancers out there, if you do the treatments... that have been developed over many years of research and testing, by scientists and medical professionals.... that is more focused and targeted than other kinds of chemo... that would give you about a 90% chance of beating it.... going the natural route.
SDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:57 AM   #24777
Jugghaid

Quote:
SDM said... View Post
Damn man. My father in law had cancer, went through chemo and radiation, had a large chunk of muscle removed from his neck, etc. Cancer free... well now he goes around telling people that he didn't need it, and that it could have been done naturally.

My wife's cousin (28) found out recently that she has cancer. It's one of the most treatable cancers out there, if you do the treatments... that have been developed over many years of research and testing, by scientists and medical professionals.... that is more focused and targeted than other kinds of chemo... that would give you about a 90% chance of beating it.... going the natural route.
Yeah, he's one of these conspiracy theory types with all kinds of fucked up stupid ideas about shit. I'm not a big fan of his at all(for a lot of reasons), but I don't wish this shit on anyone.

However, if I had a lump on my neck that kept growing an growing and basically became a fucking parasitic twin, I think I would have a biopsy done on it well before now. But hey, some people know more than the doctors and scientists. It seems to be working out for him pretty well right about now.

I just hope he wises the fuck up. I don't want to see my sister have to go through some horrible shit because he's an idiot. She loves him and I love her.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:46 PM   #24778
King Kashue
Hippity hoppity

Fasted from Sunday night since I had my physical today. Had a pig out planned as a refeed to be followed by another fast day tomorrow. Got my food while hungry, probably able to finish half of it.

"Flying underwater is a helluva thing." - Bro. Mango
"be warned - all women are lying cheating whores" - Weirdocat
"In my opinion it would be a lot better to get some fact into our STUFF" - Helen V. Beden.
King Kashue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #24779
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

A 2 day fast would make me cause homicide.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:07 PM   #24780
Jugghaid

Quote:
A 2 day fast would make me cause homicide.
You and me both. I'm built for food.