ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 03-28-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
b-bottom

Band BLOG thread

I love reading about what everyone's band(s) are up to. Unfortunately a lot of it gets buried within other threads. So I figured a thread dedicated to what you band(s) are up to would be pretty cool.

Mass Driver just finished recording a song that we're going to be using for an upcoming video. The original place where the video would be shot just fell through so right now I'm working on a plan B.

The guy that does a lot of our video stuff just finished up a quick video of us recording the song in the studio

I also just got the mastered version of the song in my email tonight.

We have an out of town show in Nashville next weekend (Shit I need to get in touch with brett) that I'm looking forward to and we are opening for the band "Mothership" here in town at the end of the month. We're doing a radio interview the week before to help promote it.
And then in June we're playing during a roller derby match....which is probably the thing that I am most excited about!

NEVER TRUST A BIG BUTT AND A SMILE

Hudson Hawk > Donnie Darko

Bands
Mass Driver

Appalachian Surf Team
b-bottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:28 PM   #2
Jugghaid
Buildiing green economies

Just got home from band practice.

We're taking some down time breaking in the new guitar player that is replacing me and me on bass. He's doing good and working hard to learn fast and some of the stuff he has to learn isn't easy. He'll be crushing it and making me look like the beginner I am in 30 days.

I am having an absolute blast being back on bass again. The hiatus on guitar for a few years was a fun and interesting experience and I learned a lot. I'm a much better guitar player than I used to be but I'm still a WAAAAAYYYYY better bass player than guitar player. But it definitely helped from a writing perspective and I'm happy I got the chance to play some pretty great gigs at nice venues as well as record an entire album on guitar. Never thought I would do that.

But now it's time to go back to my woobie and my first love. And I'm having a great time doing it. The boys in the band are super happy too so it's a win win.

We'll start gigging again this summer. We have the next album about 80% written and want Ty (Dale) to put his own mojo on all of the new stuff before we start recording.

All in all, super happy with the direction we are headed. We were really getting stagnant before. That's fixed. Lots of new energy.

“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”
-Joss Whedon

"Our Dark Lord has some tasty spunk, yo."
-C7

www.corezero.rocks
Jugghaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:45 AM   #3
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Band is doing the same amount of stuff it always does, but I just got a fat check for the second year in a row so I'm placated in the short term. Have to go play the guitarist's originals tonight, under the auspices of "laying down tracks", but he already recorded the bass lines, so whatever. We have two unpaid gigs on the books, same as it ever was.

Then there's this second band I've joined up with I guess, but everything is moving verrrrrrry slowly. We're looking for a place to rehearse, and in typical Chicago fashion, nobody wants to drive past the first stop sign to practice. Guitarist lives on the Iowa side of Naperville, so anything in the city is a hard no, so it looks like we'll end up in Glendale Heights, which is a pain in the ass for me.

It's also starting to seem like the drummer/band leader is a bit of a huckster; every e-mail mentions that "lots of gig calls keep coming in." Your band has been on indefinite hiatus for like 6 years, bro. Don't tell me the gig calls are coming, book a fucking gig and tell me what time to show up.

My YouTube Channel

Standards: Better when low. - BottomHeavyKate

"Whack shitter closet" is a phrase that needs to go somewhere. - ec437
Croissant Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:49 AM   #4
NotFSI
I have ham at my place

My band is still non-existent. I shall keep you all updated as this situation develops.
Quote:
Vanlatte said... View Post
It's honestly impossible to tell if you are really funny or a big dickhead.
Quote:
Thunderbroom said... View Post
Cite this.
Quote:
b-bottom said... View Post
I have no idea what 99 percent of the gobbledygook that you just posted means
Owner of an adorably viable set of genes

The literal mind is baffled by the ironic one, demanding explanations that only intensify the joke

Therein lies the secret strength of empires - they can afford the folly of constructed memories
NotFSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:59 AM   #5
Reverend179

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend179
My band is still mildly mediocre, getting songs written for the debut full length (we have two ep's out and an acoustic one I refuse to acknowledge). I've finally convinced them to start paying for their share of the practice space, by telling them that at the end of our lease I was moving out unless everyone shared. Go me. They have been putting 40 a month each into a kitty for merch, but I'm of the opinion that we've got shitloads of merch stock as it is, and nobody wants to buy merch from a band that can't practice so what's the point?
Old 03-29-2017, 06:13 AM   #6
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

I'll never understand bands that prioritize merch over numerous other aspects of being a successful original band, such as writing good music, drawing to shows, and rehearsing regularly.

Same thing with the idea of touring; Crescent Seven blew up because I wasn't willing to do a "west coast swing" when we couldn't get through a rehearsal without going over sections with our new (very talented) guitar player, and we were drawing 20 people to Friday night gigs.

I did learn a powerful PROTIP from that situation, though: don't fire the bass player when he has all the booking contacts.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:14 AM   #7
lug

Quote:
I love reading about what everyone's band(s) are up to. Unfortunately a lot of it gets buried within other threads. So I figured a thread dedicated to what you band(s) are up to would be pretty cool.

Mass Driver just finished recording a song that we're going to be using for an upcoming video. The original place where the video would be shot just fell through so right now I'm working on a plan B.

The guy that does a lot of our video stuff just finished up a quick video of us recording the song in the studio

I also just got the mastered version of the song in my email tonight.

We have an out of town show in Nashville next weekend (Shit I need to get in touch with brett) that I'm looking forward to and we are opening for the band "Mothership" here in town at the end of the month. We're doing a radio interview the week before to help promote it.
And then in June we're playing during a roller derby match....which is probably the thing that I am most excited about!
"that's Led Zeppelin, isn't it?" .... damm drummers
The path of the sucky man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of bass men. Blessed is he who, in the name Lug and good will, shepherds the on-beat rhythm through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost notes and tunings. And I will strike down upon thy strings with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to play on beat and in tune. And you will know my name is Lug when I lay my MP3's upon you! - CHUNKY-B
lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:09 AM   #8
cdb

Send a message via AIM to cdb
[Band 1] We have a gig Friday night with a pedal steel player joining us. It's a paid gig but it is also at the local VFW and by the time we take the stage, half the crowd is seeing double or ready to start punching each other. And the men are usually out back passed out or throwing up.

We have a decent summer schedule, a few festivals including the Philadelphia Folk Fest again. And we are doing a few Western Swing gigs backing up Mary Ann Price, who used to sing with Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks, The Kinks and Asleep at the Wheel, so I have to learn at least 2 sets of Western Swing tunes.

[Band 2] Just starting up. We have a hot shot 20 year old guit player who likes playing with old people and he brings a lot of energy and makes me learn a shit load of songs from bands I am not familiar with.

[Band 3] We gig once or twice a year, we never ever practice, and our set list never changes, but the gigs rapidly devolve into "special guest" territory as we invite various drunken characters on stage to sing Johnny Cash or Angel from Montgomery or My Girl or whatever. It's a lot of fun. We have a gig in April.
cdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #9
mlwarriner
Cyclo-Masochist

Well, after several attempted auditions that either didn't happen or just weren't the right fit (when the singer takes a break in between songs to go shoot heroin, it's time to leave), and a few months with a mostly acoustic trio kind of thing, I've gotten back together with two of the guys from Smash the State, and one of the guys from the acoustic trio thing and we're doing some work. We've got a small handful of mostly finished songs and are planning our debut gig to be the big punkfest that happens annually in KC.

It's sorta greasy trucker rock with random weirdness thrown in. The intent is a sort of hybrid between Social Distortion and The Reverend Horton Heat, and that's kinda where it's headed mostly. Whatevs though. I've never been able to successfully predict/pre-establish a band. It's a good time, and we're making music that we enjoy.

I've also got some studio time coming up with a guy I've known for 15 or so years. He and I have always talked about making this record, and something has always gotten in the way. Deployment to Iraq, Pharmacist school, etc. But the guitars and drums are done, and I'm headed to the studio this weekend to do bass tracking. Chances are there will only be a few shows in support of the album release, but whatevs. It's just plain old rock and roll (very Foo Fighters-ish), but the songs are good and I really like the other players.
mlwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #10
moogieotter
Shiny Happy Person

Send a message via AIM to moogieotter
I have played 3 times with a singer/songwriter/leader of a band in Athens, GA (50 mins east of me) called Blanks and Postage. I guess I am still "trying out" as I only met the lead guitarist last night. As I mentioned in Da Reefer thread, they are good people and I like the music.

They have a show booked 4/29 at a decent outdoor venue which has a decent vocals only PA. I was looking forward to busting out Big Bertha 2x15 for this. Last night they said that without a drummer (he quit last week) they might just duo that show. Oh well, just more time to get the songs into muscle memory.

My previous and still sometimes band, Lion & Company, just had a show in downtown ATL but the bass player who replaced me performed there. I still know the songs and will fill in at practice and shows when the new bassist cannot. The funny part is, 2 years ago before my son was born, I just gave them the heads up on getting someone up to speed in case my availability became limited with child care. Fast forward 2 years and the current bassist just had his first child and needs fill in for his child care stuff. We joke that being a bassist in L&C is a fertility treatment.

I enjoy this thread. Thanks Rodney. You look pimp asf w ur beard - grays and all!

moogs
moogieotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:11 AM   #11
moogieotter
Shiny Happy Person

Send a message via AIM to moogieotter
Quote:
Croissant Seven said... View Post
I'll never understand bands that prioritize merch over numerous other aspects of being a successful original band, such as writing good music, drawing to shows, and rehearsing regularly.

Same thing with the idea of touring; Crescent Seven blew up because I wasn't willing to do a "west coast swing" when we couldn't get through a rehearsal without going over sections with our new (very talented) guitar player, and we were drawing 20 people to Friday night gigs.

I did learn a powerful PROTIP from that situation, though: don't fire the bass player when he has all the booking contacts.
I still love the video of you playing Baba O'Reily w ur Warwick, GK stack, and pick in your teeth.
moogieotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #12
Jugghaid

Quote:

Drawing to shows is the toughest part in Denver simply because the music scene sucks. We got to the point where we were drawing 100+ to places like Hermans or the Gothic, but it's really hard to get past that in this town unless you are opening for a national/international act. Then we were up to about 1000-1500 but it wasn't our draw.

You take a small break and it's back down to 20 people, which is where we're at again due to personnel changes etc. Denver just has no built-in crowds anymore.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #13
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
Jugghaid said... View Post
Drawing to shows is the toughest part in Denver simply because the music scene sucks. We got to the point where we were drawing 100+ to places like Hermans or the Gothic, but it's really hard to get past that in this town unless you are opening for a national/international act. Then we were up to about 1000-1500 but it wasn't our draw.

You take a small break and it's back down to 20 people, which is where we're at again due to personnel changes etc. Denver just has no built-in crowds anymore.
This is why I've started doing the covers thing. I'd rather play originals, but gigging matters to me, so it's pretty much a no-brainer.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:19 AM   #14
zachoff

Rehearsing pretty much weekly. Writing new stuff constantly. Get to try out the Mockingbird for the first time on Sunday, so that's neat.

Two shows in April. 20th at 3 Kings is a local art show then us and another band. It's a weird one. Apr 27th at Larimer Lounge is just us so far, but at least two others will be playing too.

Maybe ordering some shirts, but they're expensive. This is a one-off. Need to shrink the logo and we're torn on the volcano ash. I think I'd rather have plain white... Plus it would make the shirts cheaper.

zachoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:21 AM   #15
lug

My guitardist/singer keeps going back an re-recording his parts.....so far, I like every iteration a little less than the one before.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:33 AM   #16
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
lug said... View Post
My guitardist/singer keeps going back an re-recording his parts.....so far, I like every iteration a little less than the one before.
Smash his left hand with a hammer, like you would a keys player.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:41 AM   #17
Jugghaid

Quote:
This is why I've started doing the covers thing. I'd rather play originals, but gigging matters to me, so it's pretty much a no-brainer.
Yeah, I just have no love for doing covers anymore. Did it for years and it doesn't interest me at all. I literally would rather play originals for 20 people than covers for 250.We can gig as often as we want, the crowds just aren't as good.

Different strokes is all.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #18
funkee1

Okay.... I'll play!

I have 4 situations:

911NEffect- R&B Cover band that is getting pretty big bookings, doing some road travel, but somehow can't seem to get together for a rehearsal. Lead singer gets mad an threatens to quit about every few months, cause we're not learning "new" material, so we do get a rehearsal together. He flubs lyrics, and we make a few mistakes on a song we just learned, so next gig he doesn't call the new songs, and band forgets. Rinse repeat!

Hypnosis- Waffling between being a full Steely Dan Tribute and local cover band, but not really committing to either. There's lots of talk about booking agents, and believe it or not there is a lot of interest in the full Dan Tribute. We need a good promo package, but can't seem to coordinate recording a demo, or a video, despite one of the members owning a studio! Still.....great band! This is the one where I am, at 53, the "baby", so you can imagine what happens when myself and the drummer suggest new material that was released aftger about 1982........

Mama Crystal and the Horns of Plenty- This is my biggest headache! I mentioned the "manager" who started this band, and essentially blackmailed me into it a couple different times, asking you guys for advice. Well- he's out of the picture! That's the good news........the bad news is he dumped everything in MY lap! Getting a 10 piece band together to even rehearse is like wrangling cats!! Mama Crystal doesn't ever answer her phone, so isn't aware of what's going on. I set up a cool app for the band to chat, and to list gigs! Crystal has an old, crappy phone, and can't download the app. She has been "going to get a new phone" for about 3 months now. Everyone says they still wanna do this. They all say they wanna play, get gigs. Everyone says they will help me.......but no one ever does!! I will give kudos to two members, who stepped up to bring PA gear in, so we don't have to rent. As you can imagine, the pie get's sliced pretty thin already, and paying a sound man makes that even thinner!

So I started the band I posted the clip of. The power trio! Less headaches for everyone! We're taking Sundays and off nights, and are starting to get some buzz. We do need to narrow down a focus though, but it is a lot of fun as a project.

Plus, I'm still everyone in town's first call sub, so.......
There's the pluses and minuses of being the "busiest bassist in El Paso", and explains, in a nut shell, why I'm still really not all that busy!
funkee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:09 AM   #19
RyCLB
meh. blah.

My band is doing...okay. We've definitely struggled to get everyone together for practices over the last few years, given everyone's expanding families and increasing job/career focus. We probably don't need to practice nearly as much as we used to, and could totally throw together a set list without a practice if we booked a gig - but that's a big "if". We all want to gig once or twice a month, but nobody has the time to actually go out and book something.

Our guitar player quit a few months back, which I consider a positive thing. His attitude and limited style/focus was definitely dragging us down a bit. He brought some cool riffs and original ideas, but they really pigeonholed the sound of the band, IMO. He never wanted to do anything with a groove, or even close to a funk-related tune. I enjoy rocking out as much as the next guy, but I do need to change it up a bit sometimes...

We're in the process of hooking up with a new guitar player, who is super talented and makes his living teaching lessons locally. He's incredibly easy-going and up for just about anything, which really makes me excited to see where it goes.

Quote:
I'm with you on this. At the end of the day, I want to play a gig. If that's an original gig, cool. If it's a cover gig, cool. I could also care less how many people show up to the gig, so long as the band doesn't outnumber the crowd - even then, I still wouldn't give a shit.
RyCLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #20
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
Jugghaid said... View Post
Yeah, I just have no love for doing covers anymore. Did it for years and it doesn't interest me at all. I literally would rather play originals for 20 people than covers for 250.We can gig as often as we want, the crowds just aren't as good.

Different strokes is all.
I definitely don't LOVE it, but it is nice to get paid every once in a while.

Given the comedy of trying to get into/form an original project in Chicago, covers are basically all I have the energy for anymore. I just hope this second project doesn't take a turn for the stupid, because it's teetering on the edge right now.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:22 AM   #21
rummy

Not in a band at the moment.

Lead singer moved to SC last year. The remaining dudes got along so well, that we wanted to keep it going. But we haven't been able to find a replacement and I'm not entirely sure if we want to continue with a new guy. We still get together time to time, but this is going nowhere.

Joined an oldies cover band. Loved how professional they were, and appreciated their musicianship. While it was educational, I couldn't play oldies 24/7.

Tried out for an original band. I enjoyed their material, but the guitar player is your typical bedroom rocker who doesn't know how to play with a band. I couldn't vibe with him. I mean he uses Boss Metal Zone.

So I'm just sitting around doing nothing. It sucks living out in the boonies.
rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #22
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
rummy said... View Post
I mean he uses Boss Metal Zone.
This is the hard rock equivalent to skiing in jeans.

Toss in the 100w SS amp and you have the classic "jeans and a starter jacket" motif.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #23
b-bottom

Quote:
lug said... View Post
"that's Led Zeppelin, isn't it?" .... damm drummers
He was being a smartass. We've been talking about covering that song. The only issue is how to handle the vocals because they're so stupid high.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #24
Jugghaid

Quote:
I definitely don't LOVE it, but it is nice to get paid every once in a while.

Given the comedy of trying to get into/form an original project in Chicago, covers are basically all I have the energy for anymore. I just hope this second project doesn't take a turn for the stupid, because it's teetering on the edge right now.
Yeah, I just can't see putting all that effort into learning a bunch of other people's material. I get it. Covers pay way better. I did a fill in about 5 years or so ago for some guys I know and I had to learn about 35 songs in 2 weeks and some of them were rather involved like The Big Medley by Dream Theater, but it paid well. I made some decent cash for the night. Their regular bass player Rocky has 4 cover bands and makes a living at it.

Not por moi.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:20 PM   #25
lug

Quote:
He was being a smartass. We've been talking about covering that song. The only issue is how to handle the vocals because they're so stupid high.
Come on.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 AM   #26
LouSpaceMonkey
Muse hater

Quote:
zachoff said... View Post
Rehearsing pretty much weekly. Writing new stuff constantly. Get to try out the Mockingbird for the first time on Sunday, so that's neat.

Two shows in April. 20th at 3 Kings is a local art show then us and another band. It's a weird one. Apr 27th at Larimer Lounge is just us so far, but at least two others will be playing too.

Maybe ordering some shirts, but they're expensive. This is a one-off. Need to shrink the logo and we're torn on the volcano ash. I think I'd rather have plain white... Plus it would make the shirts cheaper.

I would totally buy that shirt

It's a pretty thick line between doing jumps on a skateboard and being a retard... I was never one to cross that line and just watched my friends constantly hurt themselves. – T3ch, Mon. June 28, 2010 8:44 am

Drunken skateboarding not a great idea, I hurt my hand pretty bad. Debating whether to go to the emergency room or not. – T3ch, Sat. July 3, 2010 6:32 am
LouSpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #27
Haico
My Bass In Your Face

I play in an Iron Maiden tribute band for over a year now. Really good drummer, 3 guitarists and an impressive singer. Especially the singer has big shoes to fill.

We do about 35 songs. We don't shy away from the more proggy outbursts of Maiden. Some of the longer songs we do: Phantom of the Opera, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Alexander The Great, Powerslave... Actually these aren't the most challengings songs from point of view of the bassist. Moonchild or Flash of the Blade, for instance, are a bitch to play. The sheer speed is manageble, but the lack of slower riffs to cool off my aching lower arm tendons are the real challenge of these songs. It burns! Especially Moonchild as we often use that as an opening song.

I don't know if this works, but this link should link to a video:

Gear wise - Of course I use a Fender P bass with Rotosound monel flats. I use a Line6 wireless set. Pedals: Electro Harmonix Steel Leather for extra bite and Darkglass Vintage Microtubes for some grit and compression. I can run this in about any amp and get a Steve Harris-like sound. If I don't use the house bass rig, I bring my own: Genz Benz Streamliner 600, SWR Henry Jr. 4x8 and Aguilar GS112NT.

What I like about this band that there's not much pressure to perfect and perform. Of course, we want to be as good as can be, but it's okay if we only have 1 gig every 2 months. No pressure there. All the guys in the band are really open and straight-up. No dramas. What really connects us is the love for Iron Maidens music.

We rehearse once every 2 weeks. I'd prefer to rehears weekly but this is not possible for the drummer. But, as we do covers, over 2 weeks is acceptable to keep good form.

We have gig this Saturday. We only play an hour or so. We normally play 2 hours at least. I like playing the longer shows... we get the chance to play more obscure songs. Now the crowd expects us to play the staples only. And Maiden has a lot. You have to play Trooper, Fear, Run to the Hills, Hallowed, Beast, Maiden... there you go - that's already more than half your set.
Can't be edited by Zamfir : Today at 09:48 PM.

Ex-president of the club with the really long name. IWLP is prez now!

"I didn't think we accepted Dutch opinions around here." - sheepdog

"haico, stop being so european..." - spezzyos
Haico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #28
vladoicho

"New" band Stop the Schizo is going great, writing and rehearsing. We had a show (our second one, weeeee!) last week.

We had a proper "wall of sound"

Not a great turnout, but the owner/manager apparently enjoyed it, said we brought a "cool crowd", so we'll get to play at one of his venues again.

Which is good, cos at the moment he's about the only person in Sofia, and probably the whole country, who's actually ready to take risks with new bands. And he also has built a solid reputation over the years, so the very fact that we played there is an endorsement to some extent. Which shouldn't really matter but it does.

Hopefully we'll do a new video in the coming months, we also need 1 or 2 new songs to head into a studio again.

So, yeah, things are pretty great, come to think of it.
vladoicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:19 PM   #29
b-bottom

Quote:
Haico said... View Post
I play in an Iron Maiden tribute band for over a year now. Really good drummer, 3 guitarists and an impressive singer. Especially the singer has big shoes to fill.

We do about 35 songs. We don't shy away from the more proggy outbursts of Maiden. Some of the longer songs we do: Phantom of the Opera, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Alexander The Great, Powerslave... Actually these aren't the most challengings songs from point of view of the bassist. Moonchild or Flash of the Blade, for instance, are a bitch to play. The sheer speed is manageble, but the lack of slower riffs to cool off my aching lower arm tendons are the real challenge of these songs. It burns! Especially Moonchild as we often use that as an opening song.

I don't know if this works, but this link should link to a video:

Gear wise - Of course I use a Fender P bass with Rotosound monel flats. I use a Line6 wireless set. Pedals: Electro Harmonix Steel Leather for extra bite and Darkglass Vintage Microtubes for some grit and compression. I can run this in about any amp and get a Steve Harris-like sound. If I don't use the house bass rig, I bring my own: Genz Benz Streamliner 600, SWR Henry Jr. 4x8 and Aguilar GS112NT.

What I like about this band that there's not much pressure to perfect and perform. Of course, we want to be as good as can be, but it's okay if we only have 1 gig every 2 months. No pressure there. All the guys in the band are really open and straight-up. No dramas. What really connects us is the love for Iron Maidens music.

We rehearse once every 2 weeks. I'd prefer to rehears weekly but this is not possible for the drummer. But, as we do covers, over 2 weeks is acceptable to keep good form.

We have gig this Saturday. We only play an hour or so. We normally play 2 hours at least. I like playing the longer shows... we get the chance to play more obscure songs. Now the crowd expects us to play the staples only. And Maiden has a lot. You have to play Trooper, Fear, Run to the Hills, Hallowed, Beast, Maiden... there you go - that's already more than half your set.
Damn that's pretty impressive.

I was in a metal band a million years ago that covered the Trooper. I played bass and did the vocals.
It was stupid hard to do and it never ended up sounding very good.....for a variety of reasons

What kind of turnout do you get for your shows?
Old 03-30-2017, 04:39 PM   #30
Jugghaid

Quote:
Damn that's pretty impressive.

I was in a metal band a million years ago that covered the Trooper. I played bass and did the vocals.
It was stupid hard to do and it never ended up sounding very good.....for a variety of reasons

What kind of turnout do you get for your shows?
I can play the Trooper no problem.

I know I could not play it while singing.