lug

Quote:
bnyswonger said... View Post
This year will be our 16th anniversary.
Quote:
Jugghaid said... View Post
Us too!
Kids.
The path of the sucky man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of bass men. Blessed is he who, in the name Lug and good will, shepherds the on-beat rhythm through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost notes and tunings. And I will strike down upon thy strings with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to play on beat and in tune. And you will know my name is Lug when I lay my MP3's upon you! - CHUNKY-B
lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:02 AM   #62
bnyswonger
ribbed for her pleasure

You know what's really funny? When we were married my ex made it to 1 or 2 gigs a year.

We play locally 3-5 times a month now and she comes to about 70% of them.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:49 PM   #63
Jugghaid
Buildiing green economies

Quote:
bnyswonger said... View Post
You know what's really funny? When we were married my ex made it to 1 or 2 gigs a year.

We play locally 3-5 times a month now and she comes to about 70% of them.
So does mine but I think it's more because she wants to make sure I'm not banging groupies.

I mean, for chrissake, she's seen me naked. Who we kidding?

“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”
-Joss Whedon

"Our Dark Lord has some tasty spunk, yo."
-C7

www.corezero.rocks
Jugghaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #64
J the D
Bozo

Sunday School

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #65
bassment zombie
memberer

Quote:
p1gg1e said... View Post
My first real job in highschool. I was bagging groceries and there was a pretty cute guy on the register. A bunch of other giggly girls were asking who they all thought were cute in the store...it was slim pickings in a rural grocery store. They finally asked me who I'd thought was cute. I was worried they would say something but they assured me they wouldn't....

They then ran off to the wine isle where BP was stocking to ask if BP had a girlfriend. I was so embarrassed , I wasn't the girl who sat around giggling about boys. I thought that was the end of it. He was in college so I likely seemed like an airhead.

A couple days later BP called and mumbled to him self almost incoherently about me liking him. I got bothered and asked if he wanted to go on a date if that was why he was calling. At first I had thought he was calling to tell me I was late to work.

Then we started off having some meh dates but it got better. We dated for a couple years . The rest you all know.
So p1gg1e, so great!

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
On the internet. Went on an afternoon date, she decided she wanted to come back to my place, some things happened, then she left to meet the other guy she had lined up for that evening.
Oh man, my initial reaction to this one is: is there a dislike button for this one?
But oh - wait. The coupling continued after her post-coital date. Great! I think?

Quote:
J the D said... View Post
Sunday School

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
And, so J the D!
Old 05-18-2017, 07:34 AM   #66
L. Ron Hoover
Slidey McGee

So many great stories here. I needed something to make me smile this morning.

I met my wife on a work term in Ottawa. I actually went up there chasing an ex-girlfriend. We had mutual friends and she was rooming with them when I came up to room with them for my work term. They went away for the weekend the day after I arrived and we were left alone together. I think we started doing it the second night I was there and the rest is history.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:59 AM   #67
cdb

Send a message via AIM to cdb
We were in the same freshman foundation classes in art school. We were friends but didn't date for a while, it was on again, off again, we saw other people, etc. We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary in August.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #68
Taustin Powers

You know, the usual story... German boy and French girl meet working the same bullshit job in Houston, Texas.

Became lunch buddies first, and after a while I decided I needed to dump my gf at the time to chase this French girl. She actually rejected me at first! After three months of "hanging out" with ex girlfriends, I managed to convince her I'm actually a good catch. No clue how I pulled that off, she is way out of my league...

Been together since June 2004, moved to Berlin together in November 2005, got married July 2013, had a son in August 2015, and a daughter two weeks ago today!
Taustin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #69
Jugghaid
Buildiing green economies

I was working downtown for an asset management firm. See this new girl working in admin with killer stems.

So I ask this other girl Terri (who is dating one of my buddies) for the 411 on her as they work together. she give up the info. I ask her out about a week later and we've been together ever since.

For a first date I took her to Dave and Busters for dinner then to my local pool hall to see if she could just hang. She could.

We ended up spending hours making out on my couch and then I took her home. She wouldn't let me hit the first night.
Jugghaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:21 AM   #70
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

ebassists put me in a bar with the most beautiful lady in the world. I got a number I texted on that night, then didn't use for two weeks. Also, it took like three months to find a way to connect for two dates around her schedule.

I got dumped a few times but I think we're well past that now.

Well that explains a lot: While the rest of the world is playing an "e" note, you're playing a schwa. -DevilRaysFan to lug

“There are thoughtless dilettanti or purblind worldlings who sometimes ask us: 'What is it that Britain and France are fighting for?' To this I answer: 'If we left off fighting, you would soon find out.'" -Winston Churchill
Zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote