You're keeping a list of my quotes?

My YouTube Channel

Standards: Better when low. - BottomHeavyKate

"Whack shitter closet" is a phrase that needs to go somewhere. - ec437
Croissant Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:04 AM   #62
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
Imma publish you mother fucker.

Innocent post from Kate.
Cocks come cock it all up.
Kate starts cursing.
Kate realizes that cocks are cocking her out of love.
Kate rides the wave.
Group hug.
t3ch says something racist.
www.cmkfinancialservices.com

BottomHeavyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #63
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
BottomHeavyKate said... View Post
Imma publish you mother fucker.
Word.

HCBF archive is your friend.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:23 PM   #64
lug

Finally got a bass sound out of the recording session that I like. Ignore the singing, he's gonna re-track that.

https://app.box.com/shared/static/64...x55r4pgpmt.mp3

Jaguar ->sansamp -> board
The path of the sucky man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of bass men. Blessed is he who, in the name Lug and good will, shepherds the on-beat rhythm through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost notes and tunings. And I will strike down upon thy strings with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to play on beat and in tune. And you will know my name is Lug when I lay my MP3's upon you! - CHUNKY-B
lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #65
mlwarriner
Cyclo-Masochist

Quote:
mlwarriner said... View Post

I've also got some studio time coming up with a guy I've known for 15 or so years. He and I have always talked about making this record, and something has always gotten in the way. Deployment to Iraq, Pharmacist school, etc. But the guitars and drums are done, and I'm headed to the studio this weekend to do bass tracking. Chances are there will only be a few shows in support of the album release, but whatevs. It's just plain old rock and roll (very Foo Fighters-ish), but the songs are good and I really like the other players.
spent a few hours in the studio Friday night working on this, got two songs in the can. not bad considering I was still playing from charts

I'm gonna work through a couple more and head back when schedules and planets align.

I had forgotten how much this guy likes to punch parts in, rather than trying to get one perfect take. kinda nice, especially when he's adjusting my parts as I go
mlwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #66
zachoff

I would 100% rather not punch in but it's still real nice to have the option.
zachoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #67
b-bottom

Quote:
lug said... View Post
Finally got a bass sound out of the recording session that I like. Ignore the singing, he's gonna re-track that.

https://app.box.com/shared/static/64...x55r4pgpmt.mp3

Jaguar ->sansamp -> board
Sounds good. Is that one of the MIJ Jaguars?

NEVER TRUST A BIG BUTT AND A SMILE

Hudson Hawk > Donnie Darko

Bands
Mass Driver

Appalachian Surf Team
b-bottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:56 AM   #68
Haico
My Bass In Your Face

Quote:
Haico said... View Post
Coming Saturday is a sold out show. There were 250 tickets availabe. I think this will be our biggest show since I joined.
Setlist:
Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Trooper, 22 Acacia Avenue, Killers, Number of the Beast, Fear of the Dark, Hallowed Be They Name, Run To The Hills, Iron Maiden.

Small stage, good turn-up, fun crowd. What I liked about the venue were the backstage arrangements: plenty of good quality beer, snacks and lockers to store valuable items(!!!). And... there was a "dress ring"! Like, a balcony level above the crowd with even more people.

I missed the first band. I was still at home taking care for the baby and playing video games. The second opening band was a Guns 'n Roses tribute band named Appetite. I totally understand that dressing up is part of the show, but I will never understand why you'd wear sunglasses in a dark club if you're not Slash? To overcompensate, all of the band member wore sunglasses except for the drummer. I heard some negative things about this band, but I thought they were really OK!

It was one of those hectic nights. Too much bands, too little time. 15 minute changeover, no sound check. Just plug in and hope for the best. Sound turned out to be good, both on stage and in the venue.

We had a blast. The crowd loved us. I think it was beneficial for us to play a shorter set than usual. It improved our focus. And... we were able to keep the crowd on their toes as well by slinging staple songs at them.

Video of Killers:

Video of 22 Acacia Avenue with audio/video sync problems:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ijze...0819770641209

The headliner of the evening was a Metallica tribute. Their setlist was pure 82-86 material, but then without the "ballads". Only the fast stuff! Pretty cool! The band was allright, but somehow the atmosphere went sour. It was 1 AM, some people were getting shitfaced. During the 3rd song, it came close to a ordinairy bar fight. I already packed my stuff, so I just grabbed it and left the venue.

My band mates told me the next day that the few idiots were bounced and the vibe of rest of the evening was positive again. I was glad I was home before 2 AM, because my daughters woke me up at 7 AM again. Now THAT'S rock and roll!

Conclusion: Good night! Made some fans!
Can't be edited by Zamfir : Today at 09:48 PM.

Ex-president of the club with the really long name. IWLP is prez now!

"I didn't think we accepted Dutch opinions around here." - sheepdog

"haico, stop being so european..." - spezzyos

Last edited by Haico; 04-03-2017 at 03:04 AM.
Haico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:20 AM   #69
steers b-c

Guitarist had a kid, so that version of the band is on hiatus.

Just drummer and me again. Reinvented our sound again. Hopefully start gigging in the summer.

I've done more than 4 albums worth of material in the last 6 years for 3 total shows! And I don't even have problems getting booked. haha
Old 04-03-2017, 05:10 AM   #70
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
zachoff said... View Post
It depends on my level of proficiency with the song. I recorded two tracks yesterday afternoon at guitaro's house; I played one track start to finish, then punched in to fix a couple bobbles, and the other one, which I had never even heard until I showed up, I sort of wrote the bass line on the fly and we did it in sections.

Being able to manipulate tracks to minimize tedium is the only thing that makes me even marginally interested in recording music.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:56 AM   #71
lug

Quote:
b-bottom said... View Post
Sounds good. Is that one of the MIJ Jaguars?
Yes, original MIJ (or CIJ to be precise). Wife bought it for me on valentines day because, and I kid you not, "it was a pretty red". Has turned out to be one of my favs.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #72
mlwarriner
Cyclo-Masochist

Quote:
zachoff said... View Post
that's just how he rolls. and in truth, I'm glad he does. I didn't do enough homework with the songs, and while I had each individual section down pretty well I had some issues with the changes and with stringing them together smoothly.

eh. it is what it is. I'm kind of a hired gun on this record. you want it this way? fine, i'll play it this way even though I'd rather play it differently
mlwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #73
vladoicho

I'd *prefer* to be able to record it in one go (not necessarily one go in total), and even more I'd prefer to have the whole band record the piece toghether in one go, and EVEN MORE I'd prefer that everybody has taken the time to listen to what everybody else is playing, and adjust and LEARN their part before they go in the studio.

Sadly, this has never happened, so I have no issue with punching in or cutting, shifting and adjusting the recorded tracks afterwards.
vladoicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:16 AM   #74
lug

Quote:
vladoicho said... View Post
I'd *prefer* to be able to record it in one go (not necessarily one go in total), and even more I'd prefer to have the whole band record the piece toghether in one go, and EVEN MORE I'd prefer that everybody has taken the time to listen to what everybody else is playing, and adjust and LEARN their part before they go in the studio.

Sadly, this has never happened, so I have no issue with punching in or cutting, shifting and adjusting the recorded tracks afterwards.
I had to do 3 punches on 9 songs. Two of the three were due to technical difficulties on the engineer's side. Meanwhile, the guitardist has punched or fully rerecorded his parts about eleventybillion time so far and they seem to get worse every time. He has no idea what the term "ear fatigue" means.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:19 AM   #75
fretless
\m/\m/

I've taken many years off from the band thing but about a year ago met a super nice Dude who has just begun to sing and he plays a fine gitfiddle too so we started a band . It's super slow going as we both have life stuff but it's bearing fruit slowly but surely . We just finished our first band tune . check it
https://formalblack.com/rock
'maze"
fretless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #76
Haico
My Bass In Your Face

When I am recording a guest musician, it's somehow very inviting to record part-by-part. After the first playthough, you think you recorded a decent track and you only need 1 or 2 punch-ins. But, during the recording of these punch-ins, you hear there are some parts that need a bit more attention... You hear the musician can do better now he's warming up. And before you know it you're recording part-by-part.

This is why I'll do a 2nd and 3rd playthrough. Maybe a 4th if it is needed for the musician to get into the flow. Then... I'll have him do another one. Only then, I'll resort to punch-ins.

Of course, I always record all playthroughs. It happened more that I could use a scratch track to replace a bum note or a shoddy fill.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:29 AM   #77
lug

Quote:
fretless said... View Post
I've taken many years off from the band thing but about a year ago met a super nice Dude who has just begun to sing and he plays a fine gitfiddle too so we started a band . It's super slow going as we both have life stuff but it's bearing fruit slowly but surely . We just finished our first band tune . check it
'maze"
Noice!
Old 04-03-2017, 08:53 AM   #78
fretless
\m/\m/

Quote:
lug said... View Post
Noice!
Thanks mang !
Old 04-03-2017, 09:04 AM   #79
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Quote:
lug said... View Post
I had to do 3 punches on 9 songs. Two of the three were due to technical difficulties on the engineer's side. Meanwhile, the guitardist has punched or fully rerecorded his parts about eleventybillion time so far and they seem to get worse every time. He has no idea what the term "ear fatigue" means.
why does this sound so familiar?

t3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #80
lug

Quote:
Thanks mang !
From what I can hear on my shite work speakers, bass tone kicks butt....will listen again when I get home on a decent sound system.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #81
fretless
\m/\m/

Quote:
lug said... View Post
From what I can hear on my shite work speakers, bass tone kicks butt....will listen again when I get home on a decent sound system.
Sweet ! I hope so , most important thing
Old 04-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #82
vladoicho

Quote:
lug said... View Post
There's better and worse ways to do it, of course...
vladoicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #83
Haico
My Bass In Your Face

Quote:
We just finished our first band tune . check it
'maze"
Menacing bass tone! I like the song. All blends really well. Like the vocals as well.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #84
fretless
\m/\m/

Quote:
Haico said... View Post
Menacing bass tone! I like the song. All blends really well. Like the vocals as well.
Thanks , nice to hear . Cheers
Old 04-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #85
moogieotter
Shiny Happy Person

Send a message via AIM to moogieotter
Quote:
'maze"
This makes me swol in the pants. What was ur setup for teh toanz?
moogieotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #86
fretless
\m/\m/

Quote:
moogieotter said... View Post
This makes me swol in the pants. What was ur setup for teh toanz?
Thanks moogs , Pat Wilkins Barracuda into Meek VC1 ( comp version) pre into Cubase , doubled tracked.. has Ik SVK and clean on the other The Duncan stinger SCPB in the Wilkins though is very "organic" and translated all the way through to the end .
Old 04-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #87
Jugghaid
Buildiing green economies

That is a phat fuckin bass tone.

“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”
-Joss Whedon

"Our Dark Lord has some tasty spunk, yo."
-C7

www.corezero.rocks
Jugghaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #88
fretless
\m/\m/

\m/ Thanks Dude !
Old 04-03-2017, 08:37 PM   #89
b-bottom

I got an email today from the new guitar player in MD and he said that he could only do the band for a few more months. I have a feeling that his wife is giving him a rash of shit about it but I'll never know for sure.

The funny thing is that like five minute after I got that email I get a call from the guitar player from my surf band. He said that he has been thinking about it and if something were to happen where the new guitar player couldn't do it anymore that he'd love to play with us.

When we parted ways with the original guitar player the first person that I called was the surf guy. But at the time he was about to get married and knew that the guy who we originally took really wanted to do it.

So he and I got together at Twin Peaks to drink beer, look at titties and talk about rock and roll this evening. And needless to say he's in.

We have at least one more show with the other guy in Nashville on Saturday and we have a big show at the end of the month. I'm still not sure which guy should play that show. So I guess we'll just kind of see where we're at after Saturday
b-bottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #90
LouSpaceMonkey
Muse hater

I keep reading the thread title as "Ban BOALG Thread"

It's a pretty thick line between doing jumps on a skateboard and being a retard... I was never one to cross that line and just watched my friends constantly hurt themselves. – T3ch, Mon. June 28, 2010 8:44 am

Drunken skateboarding not a great idea, I hurt my hand pretty bad. Debating whether to go to the emergency room or not. – T3ch, Sat. July 3, 2010 6:32 am
LouSpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote