ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 06-28-2017, 02:24 PM   #61
ironfist
lecherous voyeur

Quote:
Mudcat35 said... View Post
With the chemo, this is probably going to get worse before it gets better, but all indications are that it WILL get better. There's no reason to expect anything other than a clean bill of health at the end of the process.
This.

It will get better. It WILL.
ironfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:28 PM   #62
ironfist
lecherous voyeur

side story...

I have a coworker who went through a really nasty case of breast cancer - one that they diagnosed at stage four and told her was terminal. She just had her third child and noticed that the baby weight kept dropping off... and dropping off... and even more kept dropping off. They found a large mass that had spread into her lymphatic system and was growing fingers elsewhere. They told her to enjoy her life and look into hospice care eventually.

Her husband, who also happens to be a physician (not an oncologist though), was furious and demanded that they treat her as aggressively as possible. With a bit of resistance, the hospital agreed and she went through brutal chemo and radiation. Much to the doctor's surprise, the mass had shrunk enough that they could attempt surgery. She had a double radical mastectomy, where they really dig in to take every bit of tissue (plus some muscle) as well as all the lymph nodes in her armpits and whatever else they can get at. More chemo.

She came through and is (obviously) still with us today. She's absolutely one of the coolest people I know and is a blast to be around. She fought through cancer at its most advanced stage, so even at its worst it can be done.

If your wife was a candidate for surgery right away, that is tremendous news. It was operable immediately and now they just need to do a little "cleanup" chemo. That means the cancer was a little punk that couldn't put up a fight and is now deservedly getting its arse kicked. Your wife will be back into the swing of things in no time.
ironfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:33 AM   #63
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Pulling for everyone in the Mudcat clan! Much strength to the Mrs.

Well that explains a lot: While the rest of the world is playing an "e" note, you're playing a schwa. -DevilRaysFan to lug

“There are thoughtless dilettanti or purblind worldlings who sometimes ask us: 'What is it that Britain and France are fighting for?' To this I answer: 'If we left off fighting, you would soon find out.'" -Winston Churchill
Zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #64
Mudcat35

Send a message via Skype™ to Mudcat35
Latest update: Currently sitting in the surgery center again. Today is "port placement day". If all goes well, chemo will start on Friday. Chemo will run for a total of 48 weeks, 12 weeks with a combination of meds administered weekly, followed by 12 treatments of a single med administered every 3 weeks. Basically, Mrs. Mudcat is going to be pretty damn tired for the next year.

I think it's time to cut back the gig schedule. I've been playing pretty much at least once every weekend, and it doesn't look like that is going to be sustainable. I'm going to cut back on my fill-in work, and I've already stopped booking my band during August. Going forward, I may try to play every other week of something until the worst of the chemo is over. My grown son and daughter are both really helpful during this process, so at least we have some care lined up.
Mudcat35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #65
RyCLB
meh. blah.

More mojo and good vibes headed your way, man! You guys will get through this!
RyCLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #66
rummy

Stay positive and stay strong. Sending good vibes.
rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #67
Jugghaid
Buildiing green economies

Round 2 of mojo and good vibes sent. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”
-Joss Whedon

"Our Dark Lord has some tasty spunk, yo."
-C7

www.corezero.rocks
Jugghaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #68
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Good luck, Mrs. Mudcat.
Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #69
Mudcat35

Send a message via Skype™ to Mudcat35
Latest update: Chemo started Friday, and I have to say it went better than we thought it was going to. Mrs. Mudcat didn't have much nausea at all, and while she was a little tired, she bounced back pretty well. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Mudcat35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #70
Groutt
You are false data.

Hoping it continues to go better than you think it's going to.
Groutt is offline   Reply With Quote