ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 02-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Sugarskull
Seņora Member

ebassist spring training thread.

Inspired by the BHK thread. Weigh in or let us know what your weight loss/more energy/exercise plans are and check in every week.
Sugarskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
+homas

Will do! Great thread!
+homas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Sugarskull
Seņora Member

I would like to lose 10 pounds by my Birthday. My birthday is April 6th.

I'm going to cut out sugar and starch from my diet.
I'm going to walk an hour a day (at a speed that is fast enough that I can't talk and walk at the same time)
I will do light weights.

I will also most likely do a dietary cleanse like wildrose.

Also, I might as well add that Mike is also on a health binge. He is doing kettle bells and old school russian bodybuilder exercises plus jogging a half an hour a day. His dietary plans are to cut out all the extra pizza, hamburgers and other fast food and junk food he eats. His weight exploded after quitting smoking because he filled smokes with snacks.

So far after one month, he has lost 10 out of 40 pounds. He has to do the other 30 by his birthday, May 23rd.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
persona non grata

Good timing, me and the lady actually just started a six week plan this morning. We want to lose ten pounds each in that time, and weighed ourselves in. I am starting at 225. Ten in six shouldn't be too tough, but I was just told she won't be making any more of her freakin' killer red velvet cakes, and that sucks!
persona non grata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
CHUNKY-B
Down at the Crossroads

My company is coming out with a fitness plan for employees. We actually get paid bonuses for being healthy. They are offering kits to quit smoking and paying a bonus if you stay quit. Same thing if you lose weight. We get paid for going to gym, playing organized sports, etc... And I still have trouble getting motivated to do it!!!
CHUNKY-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
cdb

Send a message via AIM to cdb
I dont own a scale, but I am overweight, and I have no real goal weight in mind, just "less.". I plan on continuing the horrible torture known as yoga, and now that the weather is going to improve, I plan on walking more and hopefully riding my bike soon. I will hope this will eliminate some of the bulk I ha=ve accumulated all winter.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
Emprov
This space for rent

We're going to Hawaii on April 6, I'd love to shed about 10 pounds by then, which pretty much consists of losing the 4 that I put on when I was in Mendocino last weekend, and then another 6.

I've been running for about a year, my diet is good but my wife and I will be losing the nightly pre-bedtime drinks. Also I think that my portions at dinner could be slimmed down a bit.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
Sugarskull
Seņora Member

Quote:
cdb said... View Post
I dont own a scale,
Mike isn't a big fan of the scale either. He uses the holes in his belt as a reference instead.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
mlwarriner
Cyclo-Masochist

last time i weighed myself, all the scale said was *ouch*

actually, i'm going about 260-270 now. way the hell too much.

plans:
walking to work (1.4 mi. each way) at least three days per week
cut out "trash food" - fast food, rollerdogs, etc
no more soda

once the weather gets and stays nice, i'm going to do the couch to 5k program, and probably the 100 push-ups/200 sit-ups program as well.

no real goals beyond "better health" and "more lean"
mlwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #10
BottomHeavyKate

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
I'm enrolled in weight watchers as of this week and have an initial goal of losing 5% of my body weight.

I'm going to swim at least three times a week and lift weights 2 times a week.

My overall goal is to weigh less than MattACaster (he's a string bean but he's tall...)

Innocent post from Kate.
Cocks come cock it all up.
Kate starts cursing.
Kate realizes that cocks are cocking her out of love.
Kate rides the wave.
Group hug.
t3ch says something racist.
BottomHeavyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
jasper383

I have recently resumed keeping track of what I eat Weight Watchers points-wise. I don't belong to Weight Watchers, but I have a couple of their books that list point values for pretty much everything.

I lost 17 pounds a couple years ago this way, and would like to lose about 10 more. It's pretty easy. Just keeping an eye on portion size.
jasper383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #12
collinwho
Lord, beer me strength.

My goals for the year are the following:

May: Run a 5K
July: Complete the Warrior Dash
August: Complete a 60 mile bike ride
Overall goal: Hit a home run

Training:
I've started training for the 5K/Warrior dash already. I'm working through the C25K program, which I should finish in about a month, and then I intend to continue the final run 2-3 times a week until the first 5K in May. After that, I am going to start training for the bike ride and Warrior Dash. My training for that will consist of 2-4 cardio days a week (alternating between biking and running). I also hope to get at least 2 days of lifting each week, but the cardio is my priority.
Quote:
Sugarskull said... View Post
Marry me.
collinwho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
Renfield
Wordclock

We're trying to get back on track right now ourselves. We did alright for our vacation, but then let things go come holiday time. Hopefully sharing everyone's successes will help to keep us motivated.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #14
BottomHeavyKate

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
Quote:
jasper383 said... View Post
I have recently resumed keeping track of what I eat Weight Watchers points-wise. I don't belong to Weight Watchers, but I have a couple of their books that list point values for pretty much everything.

I lost 17 pounds a couple years ago this way, and would like to lose about 10 more. It's pretty easy. Just keeping an eye on portion size.
Are you doing the new points plus? They changed what everything is worth. I'm happy to let you know anything you need as I just signed up Wednesday.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
SDM
Flightless Manicotti

I want to get to the point where I can look in the mirror and not think of how much I let myself go.

I have been eating healthier, and cooking more. I've been trying to reduce how much I eat, and how fast I eat it.

I have been running regularly, and am going to start swimming at the gym again.

I will run a half marathon this summer. I was going to run it next month, but I underestimated how much OT I'd have to work the past couple of months.

I am down to 243 from 256, but I want to get to 220 at some point and stay there or below.
SDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #16
collinwho
Lord, beer me strength.

Quote:
Eve Hell said... View Post
Mike isn't a big fan of the scale either. He uses the holes in his belt as a reference instead.
I use the same indicator. I was actually really surprised earlier this week. Last summer I dropped all the way down to 190 and I was at the last hole in my belt. I'm still at the last hole in my belt, but when I stepped on the scale this week I weighed in at 205. I don't feel any more muscular, but apparently I've been converting fat to muscle pretty well over the last 6 months.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
MattACaster

Quote:
BottomHeavyKate said... View Post
I'm enrolled in weight watchers as of this week and have an initial goal of losing 5% of my body weight.

My overall goal is to weigh less than MattACaster (he's a string bean but he's tall...)

We'll see. Once it gets warm I'm going out walking again.

I gotta make sure and grab some cigars for those walks soon. I have to make sure this walking thing isn't too healthy.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #18
kaiser_sosea
Rhythm Section

Send a message via MSN to kaiser_sosea Send a message via Skype™ to kaiser_sosea
That's my wife's birthday too. Which makes you and my wife cooler than you already were. We're working on losing some weight as well, great idea for a thread.

Quote:
I would like to lose 10 pounds by my Birthday. My birthday is April 6th.

I'm going to cut out sugar and starch from my diet.
I'm going to walk an hour a day (at a speed that is fast enough that I can't talk and walk at the same time)
I will do light weights.

I will also most likely do a dietary cleanse like wildrose.

Also, I might as well add that Mike is also on a health binge. He is doing kettle bells and old school russian bodybuilder exercises plus jogging a half an hour a day. His dietary plans are to cut out all the extra pizza, hamburgers and other fast food and junk food he eats. His weight exploded after quitting smoking because he filled smokes with snacks.

So far after one month, he has lost 10 out of 40 pounds. He has to do the other 30 by his birthday, May 23rd.

My Band: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stream...04694699564443
http://www.masoncitysoc.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/socmc
kaiser_sosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
Sugarskull
Seņora Member

^^^ same Birthday? That's cool. Is she crazy too?

Quote:
MattACaster said... View Post
We'll see. Once it gets warm I'm going out walking again.

I gotta make sure and grab some cigars for those walks soon. I have to make sure this walking thing isn't too healthy.
Way to be the supportive S.O. there, dick.

(Awesome profile pic by the way.)
Old 02-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #20
collinwho
Lord, beer me strength.

It occurs to me that this thread is going to be very hard to follow. To see if people are actually following through, it seems like updates might get kind of lost in the overall conversation.

Here is my proposed solution:
- Have 1 post where you state your goals (many of us have done this already).
- Edit that post weekly (or whatever time frame you choose) to add your progress, make sure to include a date stamp with that edit, so that we can all track ourselves.

This way, people can converse in the thread, but there will still be an easy way to see how we are doing in working towards our goals.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #21
+homas

Quote:
I'm the same. I don't give a rats ass how much I weight. I only care about how I look in a t-shirt.
+homas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #22
Samson
Liked by boalg

Quote:

My wife just joined WW. Cutting out beer is the biggest hurdle, so to help her I've limited my beer intake. Now I gotta go buy a battery for the scale.

This diet sucks already... and I'm not even on it.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #23
BottomHeavyKate

Quote:
Samson said... View Post
My wife just joined WW. Cutting out beer is the biggest hurdle, so to help her I've limited my beer intake. Now I gotta go buy a battery for the scale.

This diet sucks already... and I'm not even on it.
I've not drank wine since I started (I know, three days, big deal right?) but I'm thinking I may have to break down and buy a 12 pack of ultra light beer. Just so I feel like I'm getting away with something
Old 02-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #24
SDM
Flightless Manicotti

Quote:
I've not drank wine since I started (I know, three days, big deal right?) but I'm thinking I may have to break down and buy a 12 pack of ultra light beer. Just so I feel like I'm getting away with something
I am doing my weight loss thing WITH beer, I won't deprave myself of the nectar of the gods.
SDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #25
BottomHeavyKate

Quote:
SDM said... View Post
I am doing my weight loss thing WITH beer, I won't deprave myself of the nectar of the gods.
I had enough points to have some of my guilty pleasure - red baron sausage pizza last night. It rocked!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
Renfield
Wordclock

Quote:
Any good trainer will tell you that you should reward yourself from time to time and not feel guilty about it. That way you don't grow to resent the process of achieving your goals.
Renfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #27
FloydianAnimal
Sports gEEk

Send a message via AIM to FloydianAnimal
I'm already at a good weight I think, I only weigh 169 and I'm fairly tall, so my goals are more just keeping fit and trying to be even more lean. One goal is I'd like to be able to break 50 minutes in a 10K run (just did one this past weekend and made it at 50:46). Another goal would be to develop a six pack but that's gonna be tough!
FloydianAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #28
t3ch
ba.... baka!

Currently:
250lbs
No exercise, lost tons of muscle mass
Frequent drinking
Eating excessively
Tired all the time, no energy
No stamina

Goals:
Under 200
Fit into bucket of clothes I had to hide away
No moobs

Plan:
Attend hockey pickup on Fri nights
Join a league or find a reliable partner (tennis, soccer, racquetball, etc.)
Find a method of solid individual workout that I can stick to (running, p90x, kettle bell)
Take daily walk on lunch break
Eat healthier, eat less

Timeframe:
By May: Loss of tits
By September: Start firming up
New Years: Be near 200 with an appropriate body fat %

Last edited by t3ch; 02-18-2011 at 01:11 PM.
t3ch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #29
Emprov
This space for rent

Quote:
I had enough points to have some of my guilty pleasure - red baron sausage pizza last night. It rocked!
Cheat meals can actually help you lose weight. There's a lot of evidence to suggest that our bodies get used to us taking in a certain number of calories each day and, when we're in calorie deficit (dieting) the body adjusts so we don't see as much weight loss as we'd like. Pigging out for a meal every now and then helps to reset your body's set point (for lack of a better word), and helps up benefit more from dieting.
Emprov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #30
cdb

Send a message via AIM to cdb
Quote:
This is also my method.
cdb is offline   Reply With Quote